Delta Programme Signal Group issues advisory report for 2021
The Delta Programme Signal Group keeps an eye on relevant developments for the Delta Programme with a focus on climate change, and it advises the Delta Commissioner annually about how to address these developments. In its advisory report this year (in Dutch), the Signal Group looks at the IPCC and KNMI climate reports, the recent floods in Limburg, climate adaptation in the urban environment, long-term spatial developments and lessons from the corona crisis.
The report concludes with a reflection on long-term trends for climate and society, possible implications for the risk approach, and the desirability of considering transformative strategies. The Delta Commissioner accepted the report gratefully and will respond in the spring of 2022.
The Signal Group consists of substantive experts from authoritative knowledge institutes relevant for the Delta Programme. Currently, these are:
- the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI)
- the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency (PBL)
- Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
- Rijkswaterstaat – Water, Transport & Living Environment (RWS-WVL)
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS)